Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Wedding

We were invited to a wedding of our Realtor's daughter, Ellen, last evening.  Her father and I are one church council together and we have gotten to know the family over the 3 years that we have lived in the UP of Wisconsin.  I designed her wedding invitations and helped with a few of the decorating projects that she had in mind to have.

The event was held at our church in Ironwood.  Now Jeff was not enthusiastic about attending the event as  (1)  It was hot and our church has no air conditioning.  (2)  There was going to be a crowd with 250 wedding invitations sent out. and most important (3)  It was hot and our church has no air conditioning.  Yes, I know I repeated myself, but so did he.  My friend, Kim, and her family were also in attendance and that made the evening very enjoyable.

The church was not as hot as it has been, but it was full.  Actually full and over flowing full with folks in the balcony.  So nice to see Salem that way.  Ellen's pastor from when she was active in youth group performed the wedding and did a very nice job.  After the church service we headed to the Memorial Building.  Now there was when it was HOT!   Beautiful decorations, awesome food, and fun evening.  Their signature beverage was an apple sangria and let me tell you yummy.  Kim and I decided this would be a go for girls night out!




This is the couple's card box.  The boxes are actually frosted and then paper leaves which were cut out using a die and then colored with craft paint were attached while the frosting was still "wet".  The leaves are actually cut out of coffee filters.  The cake is actually attached to a box with a big hole cut out of it so the cards fall straight through to the bottom.   Her colors were Merlot, black, and a silver gray.  Gorgeous!  Mobiles were made of the leaves hanging above the guests in the twinkling of little white lights!

A side note from the decorations; dinner was amazing.  Everything was delicious.  We had BBQ ribs, Lake Superior salmon, chicken cordon bleu, and portabella ravioli along with mashed potatoes, wild rice (definitely to die for and lucky for me Janice is sharing the recipe), green beans, salad, and cranberry bread with cranberry butter.  Desserts, oh my.  In my other life I would have been in sugar overload, but had a very small piece of the actual wedding cake  and shared some cranberry walnut cheesecake with Jeff.  Kim had a piece of rainbow cake that was gorgeous to look at and she said equally yummy! 

All in all an enjoyable time spent with good friends.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto everything Cindy said .... I can't believe the amount/quanity/quality of the good. I wanted one of everyone of the desserts, but I was polite and had one. Thank you for your and Jeff's fine company Ms. Cindy.

    ReplyDelete